Monday, February 11, 2013

2012 Season Recap

There is 45 seconds left to go in the game. Ball on the Baltimore 30 yard line, 3rd and 3. The Denver Broncos are winning with the score of 35 to 28. Baltimore has NO TIMEOUTS and 70 yards to gain...I am on the edge of my chair, the last time the Broncos reached the Super Bowl, well, I was learning my ABC's. The Broncos are going to the Super Bowl!  Think again...

Joe Flacco snaps the ball, drops back, steps back into the pocket to avoid a hit and heaves it down field  into the hands of Jacoby Jones for a TD.  Baltimore wins in overtime.  

The Kansas City Chiefs finished the 2012 season with a record of two and 14 -  Kansas City obviously needs the most help in the off-season.  The recent acquire of head coach Andy Reid is a strong building block.  Look for the Chiefs to search for a QB either through free-agency or the NFL draft. Matt Cassel at 30, is not much better than a back up at this point in his career. 

The Oakland Raiders finished the season four and 12.  Fun fact, Oakland is my dads favorite team. We go at it! I win of course, I mean, Oakland's combined record in the last ten seasons is 49 and 111...Sorry, pops. Oakland has the 3rd overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft.  I say give QB Carson Palmer one more shot.  Oakland should think about dumping Palmer though, he's set to make 13 million in 2013.  The Raiders are VERY weak in the secondary.    

San Diego Chargers finished seven and nine.  Phillip Rivers by far played the worst season in his career last year and San Diego still squeaked out seven wins.  Rivers is still a franchise QB in the NFL, but he must have weapons.  Get Rivers weapons! Deep threat wide receivers, the loss of Vincent Jackson last season was crucial. Rivers and San Diego won't make the playoffs without a line...San Diego holds the 11th overall pick in this NFL draft this spring. 

Now you are aware of the results of the AFC West from the 2012 season as well as their first round draft position.  What moves will each team from the AFC West make this off-season to become one step closer in becoming victorious??

Please, check out my next post, as I plan to cover the Senior Bowl performances that stand out to the AFC Westlies! 





“He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help.” - Abraham Lincoln 

Criticism will make me a better blogger, let's hear it!











2 comments:

  1. Cool post, E. I feel like I know a bit more about the AFC West. Good job making sure to highlight the importance of the QB's role in all of this. I'm looking forward to reading more. Nice Daniel Day-Lewis quote at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart breaks after reading those first two paragraphs. P-Money can't catch a break, can he? Unbelievable. They should have hoisted the Lombardi this year, but they're only going to be more dominant in year two of the Manning era.

    Is it September yet?

    ReplyDelete